6/16/2011

Salmorejo

There is no dish of Cordova more famous than the typical Salmorejo. This dish is very similar to Gazpacho but easier to do it because it has less ingredients. It is ideal for the summer and it can be served as main dish or as starter, but remember always cold.

It is served in a bowl with toppings of hard-boiled egg, cured ham and croutons. This time I have put toppings of hard-boiled egg and crunchy cured ham.

I'm going to give you my grandma's recipe. In summer, every time I go to her home, she makes me it and then she gives me a recipient with more.


Ingredients for 2-3 persons:

 Ripe tomato                 1kg
 Garlic cloves                  2unids
 Bread of the previous day 200gr
 Olive oil                   200ml
 Vinegar                      As you like, I have put 75ml
 Salt



Put the bread in water, meanwhile peel the tomatoes and cut them in bits. Then put them in a big bowl. Add the garlic and the oil. Let it stand for a few minutes. Take the bread that was in water and drain it before put it with the rest of ingredients. Blend everything until it is soft. Add as much vinegar and salt as you like.


To do the crunchy of ham, put slices of this one between grease-proof paper and put them into the oven until they are creaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment